Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
These conditions set out the terms of the Contract between the Removal and/or Storage Contractor and the Customer and explain your rights and obligations and responsibilities and those of the Contractor.
- Any reference in these conditions to “we” or “us” is a reference to the Contractor.
- Any reference in these conditions to “you” is a reference to the Customer.
- Although we quote a fixed price we reserve the right to amend it or make additional charges if any of the following have not been taken into account when preparing the quotation.
- If due to the delay on your part the work is not carried out or completed within 6 months of the quotation date.
- Our costs increase as a result of currency fluctuations or changes in taxation or freight charges beyond our control.
- We supply any additional services.
- There are delays outside our reasonable control.
- Access to the collection or delivery point is inadequate or the approach is unsuitable for our vehicles.
- Any parking or other fees or charges that we have to incur and pay in order to carry out the services you require.
- In all these circumstances you will be responsible for the extra charges.
- Quotations include a removals insurance.
- Our quotation is not a guarantee that we have vehicles available on the day you require. Accordingly your acceptance of our quotation does not constitute a contract between us until you have our confirmation that we can move your goods on the requested date.
3. Work excluded from our quotations
Unless previously agreed in writing we will not:
- Dismantle or assemble unit-furniture, fitments or fittings.
- Disconnect or reconnect appliances, fittings or equipment.
4. Excluded property
The following items are specifically excluded from the Contract and will not be removed :
- Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins or goods or collections of a similar kind.
- Potentially dangerous , flammable, damaging or explosive items.
- Goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infection.
- Any animals and their cages or tanks including pets, birds or fish.
- Such goods will not be removed by us except without prior written agreement. If you submit such goods without our knowledge and prior written agreement we will not be liable for any loss or damage except when death or injury is caused by our negligence or that of our employees and you will indemnify us against any charges, expenses, damages or penalties claimed against us by third parties. In addition we shall be entitled to dispose any such goods which are listed under paragraphs 4.b, 4.c or 4.d.
5. Customer’s responsibility
It is your sole responsibility to:
- Declare to us the proper value of the goods being removed and/or stored.
- Be present yourself or appoint a representative at the departure and destination points to ensure that nothing is removed or left in error or damaged.
- Prepare adequately and stabilise all appliances prior to their removal, other then by reason of our negligence we will not be liable for any loss or damage, costs or additional charges that may arise from these matters.
6. Ownership of the goods
By entering into this contract you confirm to us that:
- The goods to be removed are your own property or:
- You have the authority of the owner of the property to make this contract in respect of the goods to be removed or stored.
- You will be responsible to pay for any claim for damages and/or costs against either of the above if this proves to be untrue.
7. Payment of Deposit & Cancellation
If you cancel this contract after the requested deposit has been paid the deposit is non-refundable, unless any of the following apply:
- The house sale falls through and you are not at fault
- If the date changes and you are not responsible and we are unable to accommodate your removal on the new date
- If the date changes and you choose not to move on a date that we are available the deposit will not be refunded.
If the move is cancelled with less than 48 hours notice payment is due in full.
8. Payment of removal charges
Unless you have our agreement to the contrary you must pay our charges by the day of your removal. Interest at 2% per month calculated on a daily basis, is charged on all overdue accounts.
9. Our liability for loss or damage
- In the event of our losing or damaging your goods, we will pay towards the costs of the repair or replacement (less wear and tear) of the item if we have been negligent.
- In the event of a total or partial loss or damage to your goods, we will not be liable for the following:
- “new for old” replacement value for lost or damaged goods.
- any loss or damage which is not caused by us.
- any unforeseeable additional costs you might incur as a result of loss of a particular item.
It is a condition precedent to liability that You shall provide a valued inventory in respect of the Goods prepared prior to the commencement of transit and signed by You as the owner of the goods
Exclusions on our Insurance Policy are:
(a) loss of or damage to food and drink, furs, jewellery, watches, precious metals and precious stones, deeds, bonds, bills of exchange, promissory notes, money or securities for money, stamps of all kinds, manuscripts and other documents
(b) loss or damage caused by or arising from wear, tear, gradual deterioration, mildew. moth, vermin or any process of cleaning, repairing or restoring
(c) mechanical and/or electrical derangement unless caused by external means
(d) breakage of owner-packed goods unless caused by a major accident to the means of conveyance
(e) loss or damage occurring in premises where the goods are stored, warehoused or temporarily housed unless in the ordinary course of transit.
Any damages MUST be reported to us in writing within 5 days of the removal date.
If you require insurance cover for any of the matters set out above you will need to arrange that independently.
10. Delays in transit
If we do not keep to an agreed written time scale schedule and any delay is within our reasonable control we will pay your reasonable expenses which arise as a result of our not keeping to the agreed written time schedule. If through no fault of ours we are unable to deliver your goods, we will take them into store. This contract will then be fulfilled and any additional service(s), including storage and delivery, will be at our expense.
11. Damage to premises
We shall only be liable for damage to premises caused by our negligence. Any damages to premises must be noted on the delivery receipt and confirmed in writing to us within FIVE DAYS unless you request a reasonable extension which must be agreed in writing.
12. Time limits for claims
We will not be liable for any loss or damage to any goods, or costs incurred due to delays in transit, unless any claim is notified to us in writing within FIVE DAYS of either collection by you or delivery by us to their destination.
13. Our rights to withhold goods
We have a legal right to withhold goods until you have paid all our charges and other payments due under this contract. These include any charges that we have paid out on your behalf. While we hold the goods and wait for payment you will be liable to pay all storage charges and other costs incurred as a result of withholding your goods and these terms and conditions will continue to apply.
14. Storage services
The following terms in addition to all other terms set out in this document will apply to all contracts for the storage of goods:
- If you require storage facilities you are obliged to provide a forwarding address and notify us in writing if it changes. All correspondence and notices will be deemed to have been received by you seven days after posting it to the last forwarding address recorded by us.
- Where we provide an inventory of goods stored on your behalf it will be accepted as accurate unless you provide us with written notice of any errors or omissions within 14 days of our posting the inventory to you.
- All charges for storage services are payable in advance. All our charges must be paid in full in cleared funds before any goods are released from storage.
- We review our storage charges periodically. You will be given 28 days notice in writing of any increases following which our revised rates as notified will apply.
- On giving you 28 days notice we are entitled to require you to remove your goods from our custody and pay all money due to us. If you fail to pay all outstanding debts due to us we are entitled to sell or dispose of some or all of the goods without further notice. The cost of the sale or disposal will be charged to you. The net proceeds will be credited to your account and any eventual surplus will be paid to you without interest.
- If your payments are up to date we will not end this contract except by giving you 3 calendar months notice in writing. If you wish to terminate your storage contract you should give at least 14 days notice. If we can release the goods earlier we will do so, provided your account is up to date.
- If you choose someone else to collect your goods from our storage facilities we are entitled to make a charge for handing them over. Our responsibilities for such goods will cease upon them being handed over to your chosen representative.
15. Whole agreement
These Terms and Conditions together with our quotation are intended to form the whole agreement between us and to prevail over any verbal discussions. Should we mutually agree to any variation of these terms such variation should be confirmed in writing.
This contract is subject to the laws of England and Wales